These muffins come together in about 30 minutes lending themselves to a quick, savory and perfect breakfast with just a smear of butter.
Author: adapted from sugarcrafter
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or garlic chives
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tins with liners or lightly grease.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, pepper and salt. Mix in the cheese and chives.
- Make a well in the center and add beaten egg, milk, and butter. Stir together until the ingredients are just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins ¾ full. Bake in preheated oven until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 min.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up