An easy to follow recipe, bursting with fresh blueberries that guarantees a scrumptious breakfast on the go.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (240 ml) plain yogurt (full fat or low fat)
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) vegetable, canola, safflower, or corn oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (260 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 – 1½ cups (240-360 ml) fresh or frozen blueberries (If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding them to the batter.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Position rack in center of oven. Butter or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the lightly beaten egg, yogurt, oil, and vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl whisk the flour with the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently stir in the blueberries. With a rubber spatula fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are combined and moistened. (The batter will be thick.)
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with the batter, using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Place in the oven and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin just comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up