A simple recipe that yields the most tender, soft and delicious muffins.
Serves: 6 Large or 12 Medium
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup vanilla fat-free yogurt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup black cherry jam
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour and the next 4 ingredients (flour through salt) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Combine yogurt, butter, milk, and egg in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Place 12 foil cup liners in muffin cups; coat liners with cooking spray. Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each liner. Top each with 1 teaspoon jam. Top evenly with the remaining batter. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375º for 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; place on a wire rack.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up
5 Responses to #MuffinMonday: Cinnamon and Black Cherry Muffins
This reminds me of a Snickerdoodle cookie…with a lovely surprise in it!
Yum, this has two of my favorite flavors: Cherry and cinnamon. I never thought of combining them! Pinned!
Wow they look amazing! Yummy!
Just baught new muffin magnets they are so cute :) please check it out! http://whatskatieupto.wordpress.com
I can’t get enough of your Muffin Mondays. These ones look so yummy, I look forward to trying this recipe out!