Here at the BundtaMonth HQ, we’ve decided to go with a candilicious theme this month. All you need to do is pick your favorite candy or a combination of two or more and bake us a delicious bundt. While the opportunities are endless, I decided to go with a Kit Kat stuffed cake.
The reason I chose Kit Kat was because it would provide a little crunch along with the chocolate-y goodness. Also, I was apprehensive that an all chocolate candy would melt completely. Not that I would be complaining about the molten chocolate, I didn’t want the candy to get stuck to the side, burn and eventually ruin the cake. I’m happy to report that kit kat worked out just fine.
While I broke most of the chocolate into bite sized chunks and placed them away from the edges, I took some of the batter and used finer pieces of the candy to give the flavor through out. The base of the cake is a simple, rich and indulgent pound cake.
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Single Kit Kat Fingers, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° and generously grease a 14 cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add cream cheese, beating until creamy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Gradually add flour to butter mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition, stopping to scrape bowl as needed.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour one-third of batter into a greased and floured 10-inch (14-cup) tube pan (about 2? cups batter). Sprinkle a layer of kit kat. Repeat procedure once, and top with remaining third of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Looking for inspiration? Hop over and check out these gorgeous candilicious bundt cakes:Banana Butterfinger Bundt Cake by Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious Candy Corn Bundt Cake by Holly at A Baker’s House Caramel Apple Milky Way Bundt Cake by Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks Chocolate Coconut Cake by Kate at Food Babbles Chocolate Hazelnut Candy Bundt with Nutella Glaze by Anita at Hungry Couple Chocolate Mini Bundts with Candy Coated Chocolates by Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
Coconut Almond Bundt with Chocolate Drizzle by Kathya at Basic N Delicious Honeycomb Crunch Honey Bundt Cake by Stacy at Food Lust People Love Kit Kat Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by Anuradha at Baker Street M & M Nutella Cake by Kim at Ninja Baking M&M Cream Cheese Pound Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life Pumpkin Bundt with Salted Caramel Chocolate Sauce by Lora at Cake Duchess Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Bundt Cake by Felice at All That’s Left Are The Crumbs Snickers Bundt with Chocolate Caramel Peanut Sauce by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands Twix and Tween by Sandra at Sweet Sensations
Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Bake us a bundt using your favorite candy
- Post it before October 31, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read – #BundtaMonth: Fancy Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.
23 Responses to Kit Kat Cream Cheese Bundt Cake #bundtamonth
Pingback: Snickers Bundt with Chocolate Caramel Peanut Sauce for #BundtaMonth | Noshing With The Nolands
Oooh, this is so tempting! I love KitKats!
Pingback: #BundtaMonth: M&M Cream Cheese Pound Cake | The Spiced Life
Pingback: Chocolate Mini Bundts with Candy Coated Chocolates | Hip Foodie Mom
Pingback: Pumpkin Bundt with Salted Chocolate Caramel Sauce - #BundtaMonth - Cake Duchess — Cake Duchess
This is one beautiful Bundt cake, Anuradha. Thank you for sharing this keeper recipe =)
Pingback: Coconut Filled Chocolate Cake – AKA: Almond Joy Cake!
Mmmmm…Kit Kat…my fave!
Pingback: Twix N Tween | Sweet Sensations
Pingback: Banana Butterfinger Bundt Cake — Shockingly Delicious
Love that buttery pound cake surrounding the crunchy Kit Kats, Anuradha! Also, I love your Bundt pan. That one has been on my shopping list.
Kit Kats are one of my faves!!! LOVE this!
Oh, yeah! Kit Kat is a big favorite around here. This cake must taste so good!
Wow! The Kit kats look awesome next to the super white cake. Kit Kat’s have always been a favorite of mine..yum!
Kit Kat’s was a favorite treat of mine when I was younger. I haven’t had one in so long…now I wonder how it would be in a delicious bundt like yours:) Looks great, An!
Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat Cake!!!
My daughter love kit kats, i know she’s gonna love this bundt.
What a rich and delicious cake– and with kit kats too!! This is a perfect cake for Candilicious Bundts!
My DH is the biggest Kit Kat fan, and we usually keep them in the freezer as a little reward after he has finished a long training run. I am sure he would just love this bundt so I am looking forward to trying it soon.
That sounds and looks so good, love the cream cheese in the bundt, I haven’t tried that yet!!
Love this! I adore Kit Kats and to look at your cake, you’d never know that the inside held such a wonderful surprise.
THIS LOOKS PHENOMENAL!
I love Kit Kats. I always wondered if they would keep their crunch in baking–glad to hear they did! Looks awesome!