Studded with tart dried cranberries and a hint of lemon enveloped in a moist and rich mascarpone batter, the perfect muffin to accompany your tea.
Serves: 6 large muffins
- 1 (8 ounce) package mascarpone cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prep a muffin pan with liners.
- In a bowl stir together the mascarpone and the butter. Add the egg, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the lemon zest.
- Add the flour to the mascarpone mixture until just combined. Don’t overmix! Fold in the cranberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups filling them ¾ full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, depending on your oven. Let cool on a wire rack.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up