Top 3 reasons for choosing to bake muffins:
3. 9 out of every 10 recipes can be put together in under 10-12 minutes
2. It needs no fancy equipment and more likely than not your pantry already has the ingredients in your pantry
And the No. 1 reason to choose muffins:
1. It’s the best excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast
This week’s muffins delivers on all three counts. All you need is a bowl, a measuring jug, simple pantry staples and you will be delivered the most moist, dense, and delicious cappuccino chocolate muffins.
I highly recommend baking these in the morning; forget that second cup of coffee – wake up the aroma of cappuccino and chocolate, then eat it in a muffin.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- coffee beans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with muffin papers
- Melt butter in a small saucepan on low heat, remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour and sugar; set aside.
- In a two cup measuring cup, add milk, egg, vanilla extract and coffee granules. Stir until coffee is dissolved. Pour coffee mixture onto the flour/sugar and add the melted butter.
- Stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Do not over mix. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle with coffee beans.(if using)
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes in the muffin pan then place on cooling rack.
Muffin Monday: Round Up