I love hazelnuts. Not so long ago I was willing to bake anything that involved hazelnuts. But that’s not the reason I baked these melt-in-your-mouth brownies. I knew I had to make these the minute I read those three magical words. This recipe is from Abby’s Dessert 4 Today Cookbook and I can’t wait to get my hands on this book and try out the other 124 desserts.
The two best things about this dessert is:
– It needs only 4 ingredients (which you will definitely find in your pantry) and;
– In less than 20 minutes you have a delicious dessert to serve.
- 1 Cup Nutella spread
- 1 large Egg
- 5 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- ¼ Cup Hazelnuts
- ½ Cup Butter, softened
- 1¾ to 2 Cups Confectioner’s Sugar
- ⅛ Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ Cup Warm Milk
- 2 Teaspoon Dry espresso or instant coffee
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Spray a mini cupcake pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with foil liners.
- Whisk the Nutella and egg in a medium bowl until smooth
- Add flour and mix until blended.
- Mix in ⅔ of the chopped hazelnuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan and sprinkle remaining chopped hazelnuts on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick when inserted comes out with wet, gooey crumbs.
- Set on the rack and cool completely.
- Combine butter, sugar, cocoa and vanilla in a medium bowl and mix until everything is combined.
- Combine milk and dried coffee; add slowly to mixture in bowl.
- Beat at high speed with an electric mixer until uniform and fluffy.
- If necessary, add up to ¼ cup additional confectioner’s sugar until the mixture is somewhat firm.
- Pipe or spread onto cool cupcakes.