Craving a little chocolate with your coffee? Try out these quick and easy mocha muffins with an overload of chocolate chips.
The addition of cocoa and chocolate chips yield a lovely chocolate-y batter which is balanced with espresso powder making these muffins perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a late night nibble.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp instant espresso
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup milk (any kind)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Place butter in a small, microwave-safe bowl and melt. Stir cocoa power and espresso powder into melted butter while warm. Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes. In another small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Add butter mixture and egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until well-combined. Batter will be thick. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin cups. Cups will be heaping with batter.
- Bake for 19-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool muffins completely on a wire rack.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up