A fusion of maple and bacon, these muffins make for an extra special breakfast treat.
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup good-quality maple syrup
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp bacon drippings, cooled (from 8 strips bacon above ^)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In a smaller, separate bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, bacon drippings, egg, and milk.
- Pour wet ingredient mixture over dry ingredient mixture, and stir with large wooden spoon until just combined. Fold in bacon crumbles.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ way full with batter, and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.