A classic tender cake gussied up with a luscious dulce de leche swirl. Rich, bursting with a buttery flavor showcasing the inner swirl of caramel making it unique and memorable.
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-6 spoonfuls of dulce de leche
- In a large bowl beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add cream cheese, beating until creamy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Gradually add flour to butter mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition, stopping to scrape bowl as needed.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour half of batter into a greased and floured 10-inch (14-cup) tube pan. Dollop 4-6 rounded teaspoonfuls of dulce de leche over batter, and swirl with wooden skewer and top with remaining of the batter.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
Here ís how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Bake us a bundt using caramel
- Post it before July 31, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read #BundtaMonth: Caramel Swirl Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
Looking for inspiration? Hop over and check out these gorgeous cakes –Brown Butter Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Icing by Holly from A Baker’s House Buttermilk Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Icing by Carrie from Poet In The Pantry Caramel Apple Bundt Cake by Rachel from I Love My Disorganized Life Caramelized Apple Bundt Cake by Lora from Cake Duchess Caramel Pound Cake by Veronica from My Catholic Kitchen Chocolate Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel by Alice from Hip Foodie Mom Double Glazed Caramel Mocha Bundt by Stacy from Food Lust People Love Dulce de Leche Bundt Cake by Renee from Magnolia Days Dulce de Leche Swirl Pound Cake by Anuradha from Baker Street Orange Caramel Bourbon Bundt Cake by Paula from Vintage Kitchen Notes Salted Butterscotch Caramel Bundt Cake by Laura from The Spiced Life Salted Caramel Mini Apple Cake Bundts by Anita from Hungry Couple Snickers Bundt Cake by Karen from In The Kitchen with KP Toffee Pecan Bundt Cake with Caramel Drizzle by Anna from From My Sweetheart Vanilla Bean Salted Caramel Bundt Cake by Kate from Food Babbles
Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.