These buttery and vanilla scented muffins are studded with a generous helping of walnuts and chocolate chips. They are tender, moist and perfect when served warm.
Author: minimally adapted from food.com
Recipe type: Muffins
Serves: 6 large or 12 medium size muffins
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1¾ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350. and grease or line a 12 hole muffin pan with paper liners
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugars and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat together the eggs and milk. Set aside
- Add the flour and milk mixture alternately and mix gently
- Add the chips and nuts.
- Divide the batter equally amongst 12 cups and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up