2012. A new year, an opportunity to restart mid-continuity, a chance to refigure, reconstruct. Here’s wishing you and your family every positive prospect the year has to offer.
Before I head over to this week’s post, and what is the last of the Holiday Muffin Monday series, I’d like to congratulate Rosa Mayland for winning a copy of The Ultimate Muffin Book. Your copy is on the way Rosa, hope you enjoy it just as much as I did.
Nine weeks of indulgence has certainly contributed to the inches, and before we wrap up with these decadent Oreo Muffins, I thought I’ll give you a tour of what we baked through the holidays.
So here’s a quick kick start to 2012: in under 15 minutes they are in the oven. I replaced the margarine with butter and that combined with the milk and sour cream kept the muffins rich and soft. I saved a couple of the couple of the Oreos and added it on top as a crumble.
An easy whip up of pantry staples yielding soft, rich and delicious muffins.
- 13/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup margarine
- 20 oreo cookies
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt, set aside
- In small bowl, combine milk, sour cream, and egg
- Stir the egg mixture in to the flour mixture with margarine until just blended
- Gently stir in the cookies
- Spoon batter 12 greased 2½ inch muffin pan cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan, cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or cold.
Holiday Muffin Monday: Round Up