Rocky Road is a muffin. It is also synonymous with the state of the last week, busy and demanding as it’s been with no respite over the weekend either. And in all honesty I did these muffins in a hurry. Still, they turned out brilliant and I’m really glad with the results… an absolute chocolate lover’s delight. These were super chocolate-y especially with the additional chocolate glaze and topped with cute pink and white marshmallows that I added.
I took out the muffins slightly earlier then the time mentioned which left them a little fudgy. This irresistible chocolate and marshmallow treat makes for an excellent addition to our holiday muffin series.
- 2 cups (300grams) self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 75 grams milk chocolate chopped
- ½ cup walnuts
- 60 grams mini marshmallows or you can just chop large ones into small pieces
- ⅔ cup (150 grams) soft brown sugar
- ¾ cup (200 ml) milk
- 2 eggs
- 75 grams butter
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Grease or line a 12 hole muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and marshmallows. Set aside.
- Reserve about ⅓ of the chocolate chunks and walnuts and add the rest to the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl or jug; combine sugar, milk, eggs and butter.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Spoon dollops into muffin cases and sprinkle chocolate and nuts on top. Press them gently into the batter
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes and transfer to wire rack.
Holiday Muffin Monday: Round Up