This homey, peach and lemon muffin recipe is bursting with fruit and lightly scented with lemon zest and vanilla extract. The lemon zest wakes up the flavors of this perfectly balanced muffin.
- 250g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 250 ml milk
- 75 ml sunflower oil or melted butter
- Juice and Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 or 4 peaches, peeled, stoned and chopped, about 175g
- Preheat oven to 190ºC and line a muffin tray with large muffin papers cases.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, zest, and salt in a large bowl and stir in the sugar.
- In another bowl beat together the egg, milk and oil/butter and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir gently until flour is no longer visible. Gently mix in the peach pieces and the lemon juice.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up
5 Responses to #MuffinMonday: Peach Lemon Muffins
Don’t know why I’ve never considered lemon in a muffin before. Silly me!
Such fluffy and deliciously flavoured muffins :D
Love the slice of peach peeking through!
Can’t go wrong with lemons and peach!! Yum!
Been such a long time. I do not see you on twitter so much these days.
These muffins look so yummylicious