Light, sweet and lemony olive oil muffins have a wonderful hint off fresh thyme making them perfect alongside your morning tea.
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- The lemon zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme, right off of the sprig
- 2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Whole Milk
- ¾ cup extra- virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix together the flour, baking, powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer blend the eggs, sugar, and lemon zest together until pale in color, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the balsamic vinegar and milk, then gradually beat in the extra-virgin olive oil. Add the flour mixture, and stir just until the ingredients are all blended together.
- Fill each paper liner just about to the top with the batter. Bake until golden on top, about 20-25 minutes. Be sure to insert a toothpick to test if the middle is baked through. Transfer to a platter or wire rack to cool just until they are warm to touch.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up