A quick and simple recipe for chocolate muffins. They are tender, moist and absolutely delicious – just the perfect treat to kick start your monday morning.
Author: from taste.com
- 2¼ cups self-raising flour, sifted
- ½ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup caster sugar
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Line a 12-hole, ⅓ cup-capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Combine flour, cocoa, sugar and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Make a well in centre. Whisk vegetable oil, milk, vanilla and eggs in a large jug. Add oil mixture to well. Using a wooden spoon, stir until just combined (don’t over-mix). Spoon mixture into paper cases.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until firm to touch and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up