Studded with raspberries, these tender from- scratch muffins are ideal for brunch.
Author: minimally adapted from baking bites
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 12-15 raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- In a small sauce pan, brown the butter, cooking it over low heat for 4-6 minutes until the butter turns a golden brown color and smells nutty. Allow to cool for 4-5 minutes before using.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar and eggs until smooth. Whisk in browned butter and vanilla extract. Stir in half of the flour mixture, followed by the buttermilk. Stir in remaining flour mixture, mixing just until the batter comes together and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups. Place 2-3 raspberries in each tin
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean and the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Turn muffins out onto a wire rack to cool.