Sugar crusted muffins bursting with berries and rolled oats. Just the perfect way to start this maniacal monday.
Author: bake or break
Serves: 6 large muffins
- 1 & ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) blackberries, fresh or frozen
- granulated sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a 12-cup standard muffin pan.
- Whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour mixture, stirring until almost combined. Gently stir in blackberries, making sure not to overmix.
- Fill muffin pan with about ¼ cup batter per cup. Sprinkle tops with granulated sugar, if desired.
- Bake 18- 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up