A savory combination of spinach and onions – these wonderfully delicious muffins are perfect for breakfast or brunch.
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ? cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ⅓ cup spinach – blanched and pureed
- 1 Onion, chopped and caramelized
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix the dry ingredients together: flour,salt, pepper, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the milk, egg, and oil, and mix until just combined. Add the pureed spinach and stir 3-4 times around the bowl, not mixing it in with the batter entirely.
- Fill your muffin tins about ¾ of the way full and top with caramelized onions on the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown and spring back when you press them.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up