Click here to view the original post.
Whole Wheat Honey Pound Cake
Author: from Joy The Baker
Recipe type: Cake, Dessert
- 2¼ cups whole wheat flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 9 cup bundt tin or a 2 loaf pans.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together and set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat the butter, sugar and honey until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs one a time including the vanilla extract alongwith the last egg. Scrape down the sides if needed.
- Add the flour mixture and buttermilk in three additions, alternatively starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Stop the mixer and scrape the bottom of the bowl with a spatula to make sure everything is evenly incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Smooth the top down and bake the cake for about 50 to 50 minutes of till a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.