Cinnamon and chocolate blend together perfectly for this soft, tender chocolate-y muffin with a warm spice note that pairs perfectly with a hot cup of coffee.
Author: minimally adapted from nigella lawson
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons best quality cocoa powder
- ¾ cup superfine sugar
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus ¼ cup for sprinkling
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Special equipment: Muffin tin with paper muffin cases
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, cinnamon, sugar, and ¾ cup of the chocolate chips into a large bowl.
- Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, remembering that a lumpy batter makes the best muffins.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin cases. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips on top and then bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up
4 Responses to #MuffinMonday: Chocolate Cinnamon Muffins
Ooooh love these! They look so perfectly chocolatey!
These sound yummy!! I’ve pinned them to check out later!
The cinnamon sounds great in these chocolate muffins!
These look great! xx