In August, a bunch of us started off with a Cake Blog Hop, and managed to share 44 recipes in our first attempt. September came with a Rice Blog Hop and we shared 38 recipes. Our family has grown bigger and this October we’re all about Apples.
We’re inviting you to come and share your love for apples. Whip up your favorite apple cake, tart, pie, crumble, dessert, jam, stew or anything else you fancy as long as it is made / posted on your blog in October.
Baker Street has many exciting apple recipes in store for you this month. The first one I’m sharing today is a apple cream cheese tart. It is simple, comforting, with oodles of cream cheese comprising the filling, and a hint of cinnamon all baked in a buttery pastry.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup confectioners (powdered or icing)
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- One 8-ounce (226 grams) cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups apples, peeled and cut into ¼ inch (6 mm) slices (about 3-4 large apples)
- ½ cup sliced almonds ( I didn’t add any)
- Apple Tart:
- Preheat oven to 450F and place rack in center of oven.
- Butter, or spray with a non stick spray, a 9 inch (23 cm) spring form pan.
- In the bowl of your food processor, place the flour, salt, and sugar and pulse to blend together.
- Add the butter and pulse until dough just begins to come together.
- Spoon the dough onto the bottom and one inch up the sides of the pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator while you make the filling.
- In a food processor process the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Blend in the egg and vanilla extract and process until smooth. Remove the crust from the fridge and pour in the filling.
- Return to refrigerator while you prepare the topping.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl. Toss the sliced apples in the sugar mixture.
- Spoon the apples evenly over the cream cheese layer and sprinkle with almonds.
- Place the spring form pan on a larger baking sheet to catch any drips.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and bake for another 25 to 30 minutes or until the crust is brown, the apples are tender when pierced with a sharp knife, and the filling is almost set. Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar and serve at room temperature.
- Leftovers can be covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated.
This event is co-hosted by:
Annapet from The Daily Palette
October is #applelove month!
Please join in on the #applelove fun by linking up any apple recipe from the month of October 2011.
33 Responses to Apple Blog Hop: Cream Cheese Apple Tart
first of all, YAY! your blog is working again! :) and i love the exquisite presentation of the apples in the cream cheese tart :). sending some #applelove to ya!
Wow, your blog is back in action. Good to see apples as the subject for your blog hop. I am looking forward to all the wonderful recipes.
The tart looks and seems great. Never had cream cheese and apple together- seems like an interesting flavour combination
hello an, i’m glad to know that your blog is up and running again. it must have been frustrating but let’s not dwell on that, what’s important is that it’s up again.as junia did, sending you apple love your way.
happy to be in blog hop with you. you and junia are simply amazing, with all the things that you do to organize a community of bloggers such as bloghop.
and oh this cream cheese apple tart makes me imagine having a plate of it now, biting into something tart and sweet and soft … ahh i love it… apple love is so evident in every bite.
Yay! Your site is back up. These apple tarts look spectacular!! Might night or morning morning girlie I will catch up with you later!!
awesome, your blog is up.. congratulations!
the tart looks fab.. and i just saw the chocolate cookies… yummazing!
#applelove to u!
Glad your site is back up!! The tart looks great! YUM!
Ooh, I’m so glad you got your post up – that picture of the Apple Tart in the linky tool had me drooling from the start – what a delish fall dessert.
Love that cute little tart!
Oh! This is stunning, love the look of it, pretty.
Glad you’re site is back up! I love the simple elegance of these tarts. Beautiful. Happy #applelove
What a pretty tart! Happy your blog is up and running! Cheers to #AppleLove!
I am glad your site is back up again. Lovely looking tart.
I love cream cheese, love apples and all those in a tart… sounds perfect! Love it ;)
Lovely Apple Tart!!!
Its so perfectly made, beautiful….
I love bloghop event and yours gorgeous tarts.. I’ll see you next month!
Your tart looks gorgeous!!!!
Love all of these apple treats. Thank you so much for inviting me to the blog hop!
What a fun way to share recipes! I’m going to have to get busy with apples.
Your apple tart is gorgeous!
Thanks for the friend add!
These tarts look quite delicious! If this is an example of what is come, I’ll be around all month checking out more of these apple recipes!
Your blog is bound to add centimetres to my waist, thighs, hips, arms, tummy and bottom!!! JUST extraordinarily devine!!!
Thanks for the invite to join your apple party :) Your tart looks fabulous!!!
Such pretty recipes!! Fall apples are starting to show up around here and I am so looking forward to trying some of these posts!
I am drooling here!!!! Well done anu!
Perusing through your blog – I can’t help this…it won’t exit my brain – Winding your way down on Baker Street..Light in your head, and dead on your feet..Well another crazy day..You drink the night away…….
Anyway, stunning apple tarts, LOVE the cream cheese filling topped with the apples. This is #applelove to the highest degree – the kind of love where you cannot stop thinking about how much you want that someone or something ;)
You’re killing me with this combination. Apples and cream cheese – YUM!
This is fun. I love apples, especially this time of year. I just added my apple crumble!
What a gorgeous pick for October. Love your apple tart to bits…it’s beautiful A!! Added my bite sized apple pies to your blog hop. Great idea!!
Look at that pretty little tart! I adore tarts, I think because it is a individual dessert, all mine basically! Looks delicious! Hugs, Terra
this looks so yum, A! i love cream cheese!
Your tart looks so delicious, just reading about it the buttery pastry makes the mouth water! Perfect goodie for fall! We’d love to join your hop but just don;t have anything with apples from this month. We’ll keep it in mind for the future, though.
Pingback: Apple Cherry Layered Crumb Cake (Kugel) « Tales of an Overtime Cook
Thanks so much for the invite to share my Cortland Apple Cake recipe. Very neat idea!! Happy Fall :)
That tart looks fabulous! And I could spend all day looking through those apple links! Off to go enjoy a few now…
Thank you for inviting me to share my Maple Apple Cheesecake recipe! I wasn’t aware of the apple blog hop going on over here – I had so many things planned for today, but now, well, I think I’ll be hanging out here, checking out all the fantastic apple recipes :-) What a great idea!