If you were to ask me to list down my top 10 favorite muffins, a peanut butter and Snicker muffin would surely feature.
Complete madness the whole last week: I barely made it for my own muffin party. I have been down with the flu, had to make over a 100 brownies, a cake to be baked for my mother in law’s friend and all this in addition to my day-job that is far from the world of cakes and cookies.
But I did make it. And am glad I did. These muffins are just the pick-me-up I needed. Devoured warm right out of the oven with a cup of warm black currant tea… it was the perfect start to the day.
- 1⅔ cups flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- cup milk
- 3 regular size Snickers bars, chopped
- 12-cup muffin pan with paper baking cups
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add the peanut butter and mix.
- Add the melted butter and egg to the milk, and then stir this into the bowl.
- Gently mix in the Snickers pieces and spoon into the muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the muffins are fluffy and golden.
- Let the muffins cool on a wire rack.
Muffin Monday: Round Up
We have 9 fantastic bakers joining me in the kitchen today. Please go check their lovely variations.