Nutellaholism is a disorder. And I have a few nutellaholic friends who’re so in love with the substance, they will eat it in any form and with anything from pizza to fried rice. I am not so crazy however. And while I won’t be found eating it straight from the jar, I love it if it’s a part of dessert. As you well know, even in their simplest avatars, Nutella desserts can be sensational.
Invited to a nutellaholic’s house for an evening, I couldn’t think of anything to bring that’d top a Nutella brownie. Indulgent, addictive, gooey, served with a Nutella and dark chocolate drizzle, this sinful brownie is filled with melt-in-your-mouth memories.
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup cocoa
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Nutella
- ½ cup of semi?sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13″ pan.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, both the sugars and vanilla essence
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add to the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix gently.
- Heat the Nutella jar in the micro for about 20-30 seconds, just till it has a runny consistinecy and you can pour it easily.
- Stir in the Nutella and chocolate chips into the batter and bake for 25-30 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE BROWNIE RECIPES