Warm maplicious muffins – the perfect start to your week.
#MuffinMonday: Maple Cinnamon Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- Preheat oven 400F, and grease muffin cups.
- Mix all dry ingredients, set aside.
- Beat egg, and mix with all wet ingredients.
- Make a well in dry ingredients, and add wet ingredients all at once.
- Mix JUST UNTIL COMBINED. Any more and the muffins will be tough.
- Fill muffin cups about ⅔ full. Top with chopped pecans and brown sugar.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, depending on size. Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!
#MuffinMonday: Round Up