Soft and tender, simple and light, these berrilicious yogurt muffins with a crunchy almond topping make for perfect breakfast on the go.
Author: adapted from taste of home
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- ⅓ cup almonds flaked
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the egg, yogurt, oil and milk.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full and sprinkle with almonds on top.
- Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up