A simple chocolate buttermilk cake speckled with maraschino cherries – soft, tender and oh so decadent.
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup vanilla or plain sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of maraschino cherries, chopped roughly
- Preheat the oven to 340F | 170C
- Grease and flour the sides a 6? bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour with the cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- With beater on low add the flour and buttermilk alternately in three lots. Tip in the cherries and fold gently.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until and the tester comes out clean.
- Overturn the cake out gently on rack and let it cool for about 15-20 minutes.
We have a cherrilicious theme this month for #bundt-a-month. 12 gorgeous cakes using cherries in every form will be inspiration enough for you to bake with us this month.
- Black Forest Mini Bundt Cakes by Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cherry Blueberry Cheesecake Bundt by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bundt Cake by Anuradha at Baker Street
- Cherry Bundt Cake by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Cherry Kirsch Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Cherry Pecan Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Chocolate Cherry Coke Cake by Jennie at The Messy Baker Blog
- Chocolate Cherry Dream by Kim at Ninja Baking
- Coconut Cherry Chip Bundt by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Lemon Cherry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Anita at Hungry Couple
- Mahlab Vanilla Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- White Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Karen at In the Kitchen With KP
Hereís how you can†be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule:†Use cherries ñ and bake us a Bundt for March
- Post it before April 30, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read†ñ #BundtaMonth: Cherry Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
Even more bundt fun! Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.