A tango of cocoa, warm spices and fresh pumpkin puree, these brownies are the ultimate treat after a mid-week dinner. The moist cake-like brownies may not be very gooey but they are tender, soft and best enjoyed warm.
The combination of flavors is completely irresistible and the best part is that the batter comes together within minutes with simple pantry staples.
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 11/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix
- ⅔ cup Brown Sugar, packed
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- ½ cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 11 by 7 inch baking pan with parchment paper or generously spray with cooking oil.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs and oil until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice mix, salt and brown sugar.
- Add to the pumpkin puree mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until we well incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting.