This post has taken a lot of effort. I baked two big batches of these delicious blondies in a week and had to stave off kitchen marauders; literally needing to hide three slices to photograph later and share the recipe.
There is no such thing as an Oreo overload, even though it seems I might be indulging the cookies. The list of ingredients calls for butter, cream cheese and Oreos. Let me try that again: butter… cream cheese… and Oreos. A magic combination! I took these for a pot luck dinner and the next day a couple of slices made for a perfect lunch box treat. Guaranteed to be wiped to the last crumb.
Tips on the recipe: The special bit about the recipe is that the cream cheese is not incorporated within the batter. Instead dollops of it is dropped on it over the Oreo cookies. Now I recommend being liberal while you’re pouring the cream cheese batter. The blondie batter could appear crumbly but don’t let that alarm you because once baked, it comes together quickly and forms a perfect crumbly envelope around the cookie and cream cheese. Don’t reduce the number of Oreos from the recommended amount. In fact, I ended up adding more to my next batch. You can’t be missing a bite without ‘em Oreos.
Over to the recipe: Crumbly, buttery chocolate chip batter enveloping a luscious cream cheese filling and surprising you with whole Oreo cookies in every single bite.
- 2 sticks softened butter
- ¾ cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon sugars
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk
- 24 Oreo cookies
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugars until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda and chocolate chips; mix until just combined.
- Press half of dough into bottom of a greased 9×13 pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until slightly browned. While bars are baking, beat cream cheese with sugar. Add enough milk to make the mixture a spreadable consistency.
- Remove bars from oven; top with 24 Oreo cookies. Spread cream cheese mixture over Oreos. Top with remaining half of chocolate chip dough.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until bars are set. Cool before cutting.