If you love cream cheese the way I do, these are the muffins for you. If I wasn’t baking muffins every Monday, I would’ve baked a triple batch and frozen them until I ran out. Then I’d bake them again.
These muffins are delicious. Rich cream cheese enveloped in a moist cake-like batter with a hint of cinnamon. Need I say more?
- 21/2 cups Flour
- 11/2 tbsp Baking Powder
- ⅔ cups Caster Sugar
- Finely grated rind of 2 medium oranges
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 250ml Milk
- 85g Butter, melted
- For the Filling
- 175g half-fat soft cheese
- 3 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 6 small strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 200oc/Gas 6/fan oven 180oc.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar, ornage rind and salt.
- Beat the eggs and milk together in a jug or bowl, then stir in the butter and gently mix into the dry ingredients to make a loose, slightly lumpy mixture. Do not overmix or the muffins will be tough.
- Mix together the soft cheese and sugar for the filling. Half-fill the paper cases with the muffin mixture, then push half a strawberry into each. Top with a teaspoon of sweet cheese, then spoon over the remaining muffin mixture to cover and fill the muffin cases.
- Bake for 15 minutes until well risen and golden on top. Remove from the tin and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
Muffin Monday: Round Up
There are 10 fabulous versions of Cheesecake Muffins. Click below on the pictures to view.