Moist and bursting with cinnamon, these pumpkin muffins studded with dried cranberries are perfect to the monday blues.
#MuffinMonday: Pumpkin Craisin Muffins
- 1 cup (240 ml) canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup (120 ml) buttermilk (or plain yogurt)
- ½ cup (120 ml) canola, corn, vegetable, or safflower oil
- ¾ cup (95 grams) whole wheat flour (can use all-purpose flour)
- ¾ cup (50 grams) natural wheat bran
- ¾ cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (140 grams) crasins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Place rack in the middle of the oven. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or spray with a non stick vegetable spray.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the pumpkin puree, eggs, buttermilk, and oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, bran, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add the milk and egg mixture to the flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Fold in the craisins. Do not over mix the batter or the muffins will be tough when baked.
- Fill the muffin cups with the batter using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Place in the oven and bake for about 18 – 20 minutes , or until firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up