Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins. Incredulous as it sounds, chocolate and zucchini compliment each other perfectly. With a moist inside and chocolate chips in every other bite combined with the warmth of cinnamon, this makes for a perfect breakfast treat.
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons best quality cocoa powder
- ¾ cup superfine sugar
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus ¼ cup for sprinkling
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup zucchini finely grated
- Special equipment: Muffin tin with paper muffin cases
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, cinnamon, sugar, and ¾ cup of the chocolate chips into a large bowl.
- Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together, gently stir in the zucchini remembering that a lumpy batter makes the best muffins.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin cases. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips on top and then bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up