Bacon + Olives + Cheese Muffins – They are quick and easy to make and serve as the perfect breakfast on the go.
Author: minimally adapted from Au.lifestyle.com
Serves: 12 medium
- 1½ cups self-raising flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp dried mint
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ brown onion, finely chopped
- 4-6 bacon rashes, cooked and roughly chopped
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 250g haloumi cheese, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Spray a 12-hole muffin tins with cooking oil. Put flour, baking powder and mint in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- In a second large bowl put oil, milk, egg and water. Stir to combine. Make a well in centre of dry ingredients. Add oil mixture. Mix to almost combine.
- Stir onion, olives, bacon and haloumi into batter, reserving 2 Tbsp olives and ⅓ cup haloumi. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter among prepared tins. Top with reserved haloumi and olives. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in tins for about 5 minutes, then turn out and serve warm.
#MuffinMonday: Round Up