No matter what part of the world you’re in or what time of day it is, take the next twenty minutes off and snuggle in with a big hot cup of this delicious mint cocoa.
I’m sharing the ultimate peppermint stick cocoa recipe with you today that not only promises a great treat but also makes for a spectacular Christmas gift in a jar.
The recipe I’ve shared below will fit in a 1 quart jar. For every cup of water/milk you need 1/3 cup of the mixture. The rest should be stored in an airtight container. A full jar will give you about 12 servings. I made these in small individual glass containers where the mixture is just perfect for an individual treat.
I recommend warming the milk or water properly on the stove. This will ensure that the chocolate bits and peppermint dissolve easily. And to take it a notch higher – treat yourself with a few marshmallows on top. Doesn’t this make for a nice, custom gift for Christmas? Unless of course you’re tempted to have it yourself.
While a steaming hot cup is reward in itself, I recommend some sour cream doughnut holes or freshly baked cookies along with it.
- 1 cup powdered milk
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup miniature chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candy
- In a 1 Quart Jar layer the ingredients in the following order – powdered milk, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, chocolate chips, and peppermint candy.
- Mix contents in a large bowl. For each serving, place ⅓ cup cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup boiling water.
Store remaining mix in airtight container
Looking for inspiration? Here’s what our other bloggers are bringing to the table:
- Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies from Jen of Juanita’s Cocina
- Candy Cane Blossoms from Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy Cane Cocoa in a Jar from Anuradha of Baker Street
- Peppermint Brownie Trifle from Kristen of Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Candy Cane Mocha from Isabelle of Crumb
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Erin of Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- White Chocolate Peppermint Covered Pretzels from Erin of Spiffy Cookie
- Candy Cane Milkshake from Ramona of Curry and Comfort
- Peppermint Fudge from Heather of Girlichef
- Minty Brownie Bites from Cathy of The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Candy Cane Oreo Cheesecake Cookies from Chung-Ah of Damn Delicious
I’m also sharing this post with Roxana’s Chocolate Party. The theme is Chocolate and Mint for December and I think this one would be just perfect. Hop over and check out the other festive treats too.