This recipe is for everyone. I love the traditional monster magic bars: you can’t possibly resist a Graham cracker crust with a gooey chocolate layer.
But this one is just perfect for the child in you with oats, butter, nuts, cinnamon and chocolate coming together beautifully to make a delicious treat. Let loose and take a large guilty bite that you will not regret.
Perfect for the bake sale. The concoction of oatmeal, peanut butter, biscoff, M&Ms and condensed milk could be your feature item, guaranteed to sell out first.
Perfect for breakfast. Well maybe not every day. But say bye-bye to a sluggish morning with this punch-packing dose of sweetness.
The original recipe calls for peanut butter only. And am I glad that I expanded on it. I retained the peanut butter in the cookie layer but for the condensed milk and chocolate layer I added biscoff and it tasted like heaven.
Perfect for Halloween. The treat will trump the trick.
- 1½ cups quick cooking oats
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini M&M’s
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup creamy biscoff spread
- 1 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking soda, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, and the brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture until mixed. Stir in the candy and mini chocolate chips.
- In a medium saucepan, heat sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, biscoff, butter, and salt over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pat ⅔ of the oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread chocolate mixture evenly over the top, then dot with remaining oat mixture. Its okay if its not evenly done.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack, then cut into bars.
This week we have a super fun #SundaySupper theme for you. Leslie from La Cocina De Leslie is hosting and leading the way this week. This post is going to become your one stop shop for Halloween recipes.
- Shrunken Heads in Cider – Girlichef
- Candy Corn Martini – The Messy Baker Blog
- Trick-or-Treat Wine Pairings for Halloween – ENOFYLZ
- Steak Bites with Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce – I Run for Wine
- Eggs in Purgatory – My Catholic Kitchen
- Mini Jack-o’-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pies – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs – In the Kitchen with KP
- Meat Head – Ruffles & Truffles
- Goblin Eggs – Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mummy Hot Dogs – Damn Delicious
- Spooky Kid Pizzas – Sustainable Dad
- Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Dip, & Wicken Witch’s Brew – Daddy Knows Less
- Monster Mash – Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Sloppy Worm Sandwiches – La Cocina de Leslie
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Spooky Ogre Eye Cookies – The Realistic Nutritionist
- Jack O’ Lantern Cookies – Magnolia Days
- Spooky Good Popcorn Snack Mix – The Weekend Gourment
- White Chocolate & Coconut Dipped Strawberry Ghosts – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Monster Bites – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vegan Halloween Sugar Cookies – Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Monster Cookies – Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Tunnel of Doom Cake – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy-Stuffed Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins – Chocolate Moosey
- Crispy Graham Bones – The Meltaways
- Dulce de Leche Bat Cookies – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Witch’s Fingers – Noshing with The Nolands
- Sweet Intestines with Broken Glass – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Graveyard Brownies – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Boo Candy Corn & Chocolate Chip Cookies – Hip Foodie Mom
- Bleeding Devil Cakes – Momma’s Meals
- Pumpkin Halloween Munch – Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cake Pops – Juanita’s Cocina
- Jack-O-Lantern Carrot Cake – Galactosemia in PDX
- Ghostly Chocolate Orange Tarts – Happy Baking Days
- Messy Monster Cookies – MarocMama
- Bewitchingly Delicious Butterscotch Broomstick Cake Pops – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Halloween Popcorn Cake – Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Witches Morning Gruel – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Ghosts – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peanut Butter Candy Bar Cookies – The Cookie A Day Challenge
- Monster Cookie Revel Bars – Baker Street
- Halloween Cereal Bars – Basic N Delicious
- Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) – Webicurean
- Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels – Midlife Road Trip