I’m thrilled to be guest posting for one of our very own Muffin Monday bakers, Lyn from The Lovely Pantry today. Her beautiful blog is a marriage of her two favorite hobbies – Cooking and Photography! A Jamaican mom who improvises recipes as she goes along, her range is worth experiencing. She could whip up anything from a Chocolate Chip Granola Bar to a Spicy Thai Tuna and Fennel Salad.
When Lyn asked me to guest post, I agreed immediately but the deadline was strict and even though I thought I would make it, my two traumatizing weeks at the dentist’s did not allow it. Lyn, despite being continents away, was entirely understanding and let me have additional time. I can’t thank her enough for it.
In turn I decided to bake for her my favorite chocolate chip cookie cake. A cake that is perfect for just about every occasion. It’s easy, delicious and easily adaptable. My variation today is a personal favorite – M&M and Chocolate Chips.
M&M and Chocolate chip is quite a mouthful as it is and trust me the cake is perfect and needs no alteration but one thing I know about Lyn is she’s a chocoholic so I decided to give it a little bit of an extra chocolate glaze for her. A slice of this is just perfect to brighten any day.
Click here to view the post.
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour, plus 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 11/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and both the sugars
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Spread the dough in a lightly greased cake tin and bake for 20 minutes.