Did you know that July is National Ice Cream Month? In honor of this combined with this week’s #SundaySupper theme Beat The Heat, I thought today was the perfect excuse to share with you a Baker Street original recipe: Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream.
I served these for dessert last week for a dinner I hosted and decided to present it a little differently this time. I got individual disposable cups, made a little bit of a crust for the bottom, topped it with ice cream, adding a couple of fresh berries in the middle (for a berrilicious surprise) and freezing until it was ready to serve. Wrap it up with a tiny fork and it makes for a perfect lunch time treat at work too.
The recipe is quite easy. Demands simple ingredients, has no eggs and its quite versatile. The custard comes together quickly. I actually landed up making a quart and splitting it into half, the unused bit was used up to make a Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Ice Cream. (Click here to view the post.). If you’re going to split the ice cream in half to use it up for two different flavors, make sure you don’t add the zest or juice of lime. That allows room for more options. In my opinion, one of the best ways to enjoy this creamy ice cream is with fresh berries.
Over to the recipe: Rich, creamy and indulgent : Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Zest of lime (optional)
- Tiny Tiny pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup of blueberry compote
- In a measuring jug combine the milk, heavy cream, salt and vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and the cream cheese together until smooth and creamy. Add in the zest of lime. (If using)
- Add in the cream mixture and beat on medium speed until you have a thick and smooth consistency.
- Refrigerate the custard for a minimum of 4-6 hours or preferably overnight.
- Churn the chilled mixture according to your ice-cream maker’s instructions.
- To Assemble:
- Add a third of the ice cream mixture in the air tight container, pour a thin layer of the blueberry compote and repeat the process ensuring you have an ice cream layer on top. Gently give it a swirl if you like and
- Freeze for at least 2 hours before serving. Top with fresh blueberries.
The Ice Cream Blog Hop is still open till July 31. So come along and share your ice cream/sorbet/popsicle recipes with us.
Looking for more ideas to #BeatTheHeat. Come on over, we have quite spread this sunday.
- Refreshing Chunky Shrimp Salsa ~ The Weekend Gourmet
- Totally Cool Green Hummus ~ My Kitchen and I
- Smoked Whitefish Salad Bagel Bites ~ Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Watermelon and Goat Cheese Bites ~ Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Strawberry Gazpacho ~ Diabetic Foodie
- Grilled Loaded Baked Potato Skins ~ In the Kitchen with KP
- Sweet & Tangy Chili Lime Fruit Salad ~ Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
#BeatTheHeat Salads, Soups, & Sides:
- Cool Cucumber Salad ~ Momma’s Meals
- Lemony Garbanzo Kale Salad with Tuna ~ Shockingly Delicious
- Hungarian Cucumber Salad Recipe – Uborkasaláta Recept ~ The Watering Mouth
- Tomato Salad with Macadamia Cheese ~ Cooking’s Good Vegetarian Cafe
- Char-Grilled Corn Salad ~ The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Summertime Sweet Pea Salad ~ Granny’s Down Home Southern Cooking
- Apple and Poppy Seed Coleslaw ~ Damn Delicious
- Cold Cucumber and Rice Salad ~ Mama.Mommy.Mom
- Chilly Dilly Cucumber Soup with Shrimp ~ Comfy Cuisine
- Mom’s Creamy Pea Salad ~ Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Greek (Yogurt) Potato Salad ~ Family Foodie
#BeatTheHeat Main Dishes:
- Rainbow Slaw with Steak and Chipotle Crema ~ Cooking By The Seat of our Pants
- Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken ~ Make Dinner Easy
- Rolling with Kimbap ~ Kimchi Mom
- Ranch Chicken Tacos ~ Pippi’s In The Kitchen Again
- Serrano Ham, Mozzarella and Arugula Sandwiches ~ Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork ~ Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- No Bake Pizza ~ The Meltaways
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream ~ Supper for a Steal
- No-Cook Egg-Free Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream ~ Chocolate Moosey
- Peach Sorbet ~ Magnolia Days
- Icebox Chocolate Pie ~ Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Honey and Elderflower Ice Cream ~ Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Blackberry Lavender Popsicles ~ Girlichef
- Frozen Chocolate Bananas ~ In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Strawberry-Lime Margarita Ice Cream ~ Cookistry
- Elegant Fruit Jellies ~ Happy Baking Days
- Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches ~ That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream ~ Baker Street
- Vanilla Peach Swirl Frozen Yogurt ~ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Espresso and Toasted Almond Semifreddo ~ The Messy Baker
- Mango Ice Cream ~ Queen’s Notebook
- Raspberry Mousse ~ Basic and Delicious
- White Apricot & Honeysuckle Sorbet ~ Family Spice
- Biscoff Ice Cream Cupcakes ~ Juanita’s Cocina
#BeatTheHeat Drinks & Cocktails:
- Shirley Temple ~ Cravings of a Lunatic
- Prickly Pear White Wine Spritzer ~ Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Classic Daquiri ~ Katherine Martinelli
- Salty Lassi ~ Soni’s Food for Thought
- Blueberry Mint Lemonade ~ Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet Basil & Cucumber Melon Smoothie ~ Daily Dish Recipes
Wine Pairings Provided By: ENOFYLZ