Yes, you heard that right. It’s rich, chocolaty and laced with rum! And you know you want one.
When it is about getting together with friends amidst our hectic schedules, a Sunday brunch is the perfect time to catch up. A moment where you can just let go of all the stress, hold a glass of wine and spend an afternoon with laughter, delicious food, recall nostalgic moments and create new memorable ones.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus butter for greasing the baking pan (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray (optional)
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher or coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup dark rum ( You could even go up to ⅓ cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Generously butter a 13-by-9–inch baking pan or spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a medium-size saucepan over low heat and let melt together, stirring until smooth. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the cocoa powder, sugar and salt, then blend in the vanilla. Beat in the eggs one at a time, stirring to mix quickly so they don’t have a chance to cook at all before they are blended in. Blend in the flour. Gently stir in the rum.
- Scrape the thick batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake until the edges just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and a wooden skewer or toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan on a wire rack. When completely cool, cut them into 12 or 24
Katie Workman’s The Mom 100 Cookbook is fabulous. Not only does she share with you easy everyday recipes, it’s the stories and lovely little introductions that make it so special. Small kitchen tips, great pictures and overall creativity just make this book a great read.
I’m giving away a copy of Katie’s book and in order to win it for yourself, all you need to do is tell me is what’s your favorite brunch menu dessert item.
For additional entries; leave a separate comment for EACH of your entries.
*If you’re already following me on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest and/or already subscribe to Baker Street leave a comment for that counts as an entry too.
You will also need to:
- Follow Baker Street on Pinterest.
- Like Baker Street on Facebook.
- Share on Facebook: Win a copy of @katieworkman100 ‘s cookbook via @bakerstreet29 su.pr/2MGRmr #SundaySupper
- Follow Baker Street on Twitter.
- Tweet away: Win a copy of @katieworkman100 ‘s ‘The Mom 100 Cookbook’ via su.pr/2MGRmr @bakerstreet29 #SundaySupper
- Follow Baker Street on Stumbleupon and give this post a like
- Subscribe to Baker Street via email.
- Follow Baker Street on Google+
Remember:– This giveaway is open to residents of USA – It will be open until Sunday, June 29 at 11:59 pm EST. – Winner will be generated via a random number generator and will have 24 hours to respond to the email. – Make sure you leave a valid email address.
What makes today’s #SundaySupper so special?
Katie honors us with her presence on Twitter at 5:30 pm EST. Here’s your chance to speak with her and get inspired. You could also follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or visit her Website and buy her book.
Here are the rest of the recipes on today’s menu:
Soups and Salads:
- Japanese Restaurant Salad ~ Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup served in Bread Bowls ~ Daily Dish Recipes
Main Dish Recipes:
- Caribbean Warm Spice Chicken with Cinnamon Ginger & Paprika ~ Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Casserole ~ The Meltaways
- Pulled Pork ~ Momma’s Meals
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas ~ In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Teriyaki Skewers ~ Messy Baker Blog
- Garlic, Lemon, and Rosemary Roasted Chicken ~ Family Foodie
- Sauteed Corn Spinach, Bacon and Scallions ~ Comfy Cuisine
- Lasagna with Turkey Meat Sauce~ Meal Planning Magic
- One Pot Arroz con Pollo ~ Juanita’s Cocina
- Sesame Noodles ~ Big Bear’s Wife
- Honey Ginger Soy Chicken ~ The Weekend Gourmet
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares ~ Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Rum laced Fudgy One Pot Brownies ~ Baker Street
- Bacon & Dried Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Chocolate Moosey
- Birthday Chocolate Cupcakes ~ Basic and Delicious
- Simple Vanilla Cake ~ Mrs. Mama Hen
- Aaron E’s Favorite Apple Coffee Cake ~ Soni’s Food for Thought
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake ~ Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Wine Pairing to complement our recipes ~ ENOFYLZ