Did you take a moment to let the title sink in? Let’s try again, slowly this time… Mascarpone. Oreo. Cookies. Yes, there is such a thing.
I am not going to waste any adjectives describing how this cookie tastes. All I know is that when you bake it and take that first bite, you will not believe what you’ve just created. It will be one of the best cookies you’ll have ever tasted. Take it from me: memorize this recipe.
I put together another step-by-step post so that you can see this cookie rise from its humble beginnings as dough.
Cream the butter and mascarpone cheese for about 3 minutes.
Slowly beat in the sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla.
Then slowly beat in the flour until mixed.
Stir in crushed Oreo cookies.
The cookie: Owing to the butter and creamy mascarpone the texture is tender. Every bite just is a subtle explosion of soft crumb and rich cookie, sweetened to perfection and loaded with crushed Oreos.
Over to the recipe: Rich and buttery, creamy and tender, enveloping chunks of Oreo. A perfect treat. Period.
- 1 cup butter
- 3 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5-7 crushed Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Cream the butter and mascarpone cheese for about 3 minutes.
- Slowly beat in the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla, then slowly beat in the flour until mixed. Stir in crushed Oreo cookies.
- Scoop or spoon cookie dough on to a cookie sheet
- Bake at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes.