It’s been a rubbish month! I haven’t baked at all! Still, here is a quick post and I’ll be back for more soon.
I made these super Pepperoni Pizza Puffs for breakfast today. It’s so simple and I can assure you that you will already have all the ingredients readily available in your pantry.
Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
Author: Adapted from Noble Pig
Recipe type: Breakfast, Pizza, Muffin
- ¾ Cup Flour
- ¾ Tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp. Dried Oregano
- ¾ Cup Milk
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 Cup Diced Pepporni
- ½ Cup Pizza Sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 TBSP. Basil, chopped finely
- Preheat the oven to 190oC. Grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and oregano.
- Add in the egg and milk.
- Stir in the mozzarella and pepperoni and half the basil.
- Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes
- Divide the batter among the 24 mini muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Warm the pizza sauce and stir in the ½ TBSP basil.
- Serve the puffs with pizza sauce and garnish with basil.
* Tip: Keeping the base the same, you could add in toppings of your choice. The options are endless. You could try sausages, olives, bell peppers, bacon, ham etc etc.